What to do against thinning hair?
How to prevent hair thinning?
First of all, here are some lifestyle tips to protect your hair and keep it healthy :
- Do not use products that are too aggressive: shampoos with sulfates and silicones, coloring with harsh chemicals, permanents, or chemical straightening.
- Do not pull your hair too much, use a suitable hairbrush
- Do not use too hot water or too hot dryer on hair
- Massage the scalp to activate microcirculation and thus make the scalp receptive to care. Our Exfoliate treatment is ideal for activating microcirculation and cleansing the scalp at the same time.
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet to bring the right vitamins to your hair and make them strong and shiny.
- Avoid diets that create deficiencies and can lead to hair loss
DISTINGUISH THE 2 TYPES OF HAIR LOSS
THE GRADUAL FALL
- How is progressive hair thinning, also called androgenetic alopecia, observed?
In men, the hair begins by thinning at the level of the temporal and frontal gulfs. The fall then becomes more significant and the hollowing of the temporal-frontal gulfs is accentuated until the complete baldness of the skull.
In women, the hair becomes thinner and gradually falls out at the central crown.
- What are the causes of progressive thinning hair?
The progressive fall is due to a hormonal impact or a hereditary (genetic) factor.
In both men and women, it appears when the testosterone hormone transforms into dihydrotestosterone (DHT) which stiffens the collagen sheath. The thickening of collagen causes compression of the hair which becomes thinner from cycle to cycle and ends up falling out. Hair becomes thinner and thinner, resulting in thinning hair cycle after cycle.
REACTIVE HAIR FALL
- How to recognize reactive hair thinning?
Reactive hair loss mainly concerns women and is characterized by a sudden and massive loss of hair following a particular event. We see more hair on the pillow, in the shower, on the brush when styling…
- What are the causes of reactive hair thinning?
The origins of the reactive drop can be multiple and correspond to a temporary hormonal variation: periods of stress, fatigue, post-pregnancy, significant events, health problems, illness, etc.
These disturbances will disrupt the vascular network and microcirculation, as well as the supply of nutrients, causing nutritional deficiency.
HOW TO HANDLE HAIR THINNING?
We recommend you use products that are adapted to your type of hair and as natural as possible in order to make your hair look fuller and stronger.
Our fortifying serums:
- Fuller Serum, our highly concentrated treatment that will make your thinning hair look more dense
Enriched with CapixylTM, a patented complex of biomimetic peptide and red clover extract, and RedensylTM patented stem cell revival complex, the Fuller Hair Serum helps to create the right environment for hair to gain density and make them look fuller.
- The Stronger Serum, our natural treatment to make hair feel stronger and contribute to slowing down reactive hair thinning
Enriched with CapixylTM, a patented complex of biomimetic peptide and red clover extract, and KapilarineTM, a patented complex promoting microcirculation, the Stronger Hair Serum strengthens hair, helps to create the right environment for hair to grow stronger and eventually slow down temporary loss.
Bonus: combine our serums with a strengthening shampoo like the Fortify shampoo with botanical active ingredients. Its vegan formula, 94% natural origin, silicone-free, and sulfate-free, strengthens the fiber and stimulates the hair follicles. Day after day, the hair is more resistant, and the hair gains density.
HOW TO USE OUR FORTIFYING PRODUCTS?
STEP 1: THE SERUM
Apply 4 pipettes twice a week for 3 months to the entire scalp, dry or slightly damp:
- Divide the scalp into 4 zones.
- For each area, fill the pipette and gradually apply the serum by moving the pipette along the area.
- Massage to stimulate microcirculation and energize the scalp.
- Do not rinse. Let dry.
Our expert’s advice:
“Thanks to its gel texture, the serum applies easily, does not run on the face, and leaves no trace when drying. So don’t hesitate to apply it generously to the areas most affected by hair loss.”
STEP 2: SHAMPOO
Apply 2 to 3 times a week:
- Before application, brush hair that is still dry to detangle, eliminate impurities, and amplify the action of the shampoo.
- Apply the product to wet hair then distribute it throughout the hair
- Massage delicately with your fingertips to build up the foam and activate the microcirculation of the scalp
- Rinse thoroughly with water
Our expert’s advice:
“To properly activate microcirculation throughout the scalp, start by gently massaging the nape of the neck then gradually move up towards the top of the head. Leave the shampoo on for 3 minutes for enhanced action.”
- 🌟 NEW Serum d'Exception
- ⭐ Up To 20% Off
- Serums & Treatments
- Hair oil
- Low shampoo
- Scalp Scrub
- Hair spray
- La Couleur Absolue (permanent haircolor)
- All products
- Type of hair
- Normal hair
- Oily roots, dry ends
- Damaged, sensitized hair
- Color-treated hair
- Dry, fine hair
- Dry, thick hair
- Fine, flat hair
- Thinning hair
- Sensitive, irritated scalp
- 💘 Love is In The HAIR Sale
- ⭐ Huile des Rêves - #1 In Sales
- 📌 Exfoliate | Must-Have
- Colour protect
- Couleur Absolue - Haircolor Collection
- Fuller - Denser Hair Serum
- Stronger - Hair Growth Serum